A W Direct, LLC – Providing a single source solution for the development of high value, premium packaged wines. We are a one-stop shop with in-house product development, design, compliance, logistics and production. We operate both a boutique mountain winery and a modern 56,000 square foot production facility with a focus on award winning domestic and international wines. Please visit our website at www.awdirectusa.com.
We are seeking a Regional Sales Manager in the Western region who will sell winery products to new and existing customers in California, Nevada, and Arizona.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Call on retail, on premise, and chain accounts in conjunction with the distributor sales force and independently.
• Establish working relationships with key retail and restaurant accounts and distributors throughout the region. The candidate must be able and willing to have and develop direct relationships with key buyers and not simply manage distributors.
• Cultivate cross department relationships within the company, especially between sales and marketing, to carry out sales strategies. Adherence to executive direction is a critical part of the job.
• Exercise appropriate behavior with Suppliers, always representing supplier brands in the best and most professional manner.
• Exercise fiduciary responsibility to the company in all financial matters, including budgets, promotional spending and every aspect of the Company’s business.
• Conduct distributor sales meetings, wine tastings and winemaker dinners.
• Manage distributors to achieve volume goals.
• Create and introduce company brand programs and strategies and will have direct responsibility for distributors in a geographic area.
• Take active role in assessing distributor performance.
• Ensure that distributors are managing the National brand strategies to the trade.
• Conduct introductory meetings with distributors for new products lines and line extensions and procure opening orders.
• Serve as the key point person for distributor sales forces in new brand development with distributor management, establish sales targets and identify potential accounts.
• Be the key player in ensuring that sales strategies are implemented at the wholesale and retail levels. Be the brand champion
• Continually upgrade and enhance knowledge of products, wine industry, competitive markets, brands, and customers’ issues to ensure business success.
• 60% time with the trade (on own, with wholesaler reps or AWD managers)
• 20% Time on wholesaler management and logistics
• 20% time on administrative, preplanning and follow up.
• BA Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Sales or equivalent work experience. (Equivalent work experience can include supplier, distributor sales or wine industry management jobs).
• 5-7 years wine industry experience
• Knowledge and understanding of private label business
• Exceptional written communication skills required. Must possess the ability to develop and provide all necessary written reports, business correspondence and presentations necessary to satisfy job requirements.
• Exceptional verbal and interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Good time management and mathematical skills, including ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions and percentages.
• Good reasoning ability is required to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Must be able to interpret an extensive variety of statistical information.
• A strong knowledge and a passion for wine and the industry as a whole, knowledge of food and food & wine pairing.
• Strong computer knowledge and skills (word processing, spreadsheet, graph, database). Working within Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook is critical.
• Willingness and ability to travel extensively. Overnight travel required.
• Valid driver’s license; physical ability to travel by car and plane, visit multiple locations, ability to climb stairs; ability to sit and operate a computer. No DUI offenses; no drug use.
A W Direct offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Work Environment.