AWDirect is a forward thinking wine import/production/distribution organization that sells dynamic finished goods and custom label product. We deliver extreme value to our customer and are at the forefront of innovation and industry trends. We are a business that is fueled by entrepreneurialism, scaled by technology, and mastered by our people. This approach is our guideline for success and is integrated into the fabric of our people, culture, and workplace. We are an organization that is bonded by a shared belief in the relentless search for the right juice, packaging and price points that transforms our customer’s belief in our ability to meet their needs.
We are seeking a Regional Sales Manager for the Western region, based in Northern California’s Bay Area. The right candidate will be able sell and develop winery products to new and existing customers in California, Arizona, and Nevada, as well as develop and continue business with established buying groups and other AWDirect clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Independently call on retail, on premise, and chain accounts in conjunction with the distributor sales force.
• Establish working relationships with key retail and restaurant accounts and distributors throughout the region. The candidate must be able and willing to have and develop direct relationships with key buyers, as well as managing distributors.
• Achieve and maintain regional case and revenue goals.
• Manage and stay within any assigned budgets.
• Adhere to all company gross profit, gross margin, and expense goals
• Cultivate cross department relationships within the company, especially between sales, marketing, and production departments. Carry out sales strategies. Adherence to executive direction is a critical part of the job.
• Exercise appropriate behavior with Suppliers, always representing supplier brands in the best and most professional manner.
• Exercise fiduciary responsibility to the company in all financial matters, including budgets, promotional spending and every aspect of AWDirect’s business.
• Conduct regular business reviews with distributors and key customers
• Conduct distributor sales meetings, wine tastings and winemaker dinners.
• Manage distributors to achieve volume goals.
• Create and introduce company brand programs and strategies and has direct responsibility for distributors in a geographic area.
• Take active role in assessing distributor performance.
• Ensure that distributors are managing the National brand strategies to the trade.
• Conducting introductory meetings with distributors for new products lines and line extensions and procuring opening orders.
• Serving as the key point person for distributor sales forces in new brand development with distributor management, establishing sales targets and identifying potential accounts.
• Be the key player in ensuring that sales strategies are implemented at the wholesale and retail levels. Be the brand champion.
• Continually upgrade and enhance knowledge of products, wine industry, competitive markets, brands, and customers’ issues to ensure business success.
• Managing time efficiently and effectively. Example:
60% time with the trade (on own, with wholesaler reps or AWD managers)
20% Time on wholesaler management and logistics
20 % time on administrative, preplanning and follow up.
• BA Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Sales or equivalent work experience. (Equivalent work experience can include supplier, distributor sales or wine industry management jobs).
• 5-7 years wine industry experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of private label business.
• Exceptional written communication skills required. Must possess the ability to develop and provide all necessary written reports, business correspondence and presentations necessary to satisfy job requirements.
• Exceptional verbal and interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Good time management and mathematical skills, including ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions and percentages.
• Good reasoning ability is required to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Must be able to interpret an extensive variety of statistical information.
• A strong knowledge and a passion for wine and the industry as a whole, knowledge of food and food & wine pairing.
• Strong computer knowledge and skills (word processing, spreadsheet, graph, database). Working within Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook is critical.
• Willingness and ability to travel extensively. Overnight travel required.
• Valid driver’s license; physical ability to travel by car and plane, visit multiple locations, ability to climb stairs; ability to sit and operate a computer. No DUI offenses.
AWDirect offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, paid time off and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Work Environment.
To be considered for this position, please respond with a cover letter and resume.