Located in Santa Rosa, CA, we are seeking a Staff Accounting Clerk to join our front-office team. Under the direction of the Finance Manager, this position is responsible for account payables, receivables, inventory materials and compliance and involves collaboration with team members from all departments to provide accurate and timely information.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPSONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate daily, weekly and monthly accounts payable and receivable activities using Microsoft Navision.
• Research and resolve customer A/R issues, prepare aging reports and collaborate with the sales team to maintain timely collections and favorable cash flow.
• Maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedules
• Ensure compliance with internal controls and policies and procedures
• Prepare journal entries and reconcile general ledger accounts as needed.
• Perform bank, loan and deposit reconciliation.
• Ensure all 1099, 1096 and IRS deadlines and requirements are met.
• Conduct audits of Accounts payable to ensure disbursement accuracy.
• Provide support for audits conducted by both internal and external sources.
• Design and maintain reports to facilitate processes.
• Prepare and present various reports, i.e. TTB and audits as required by State and Federal entities.
• Receive and present information to all levels of management.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
• Requires excellent time management.
• Maintain an innovative attitude and provide solutions to maintain accuracy and ensure compliance in an efficient and flexible manner.
• Establish professional relationships with outside business contacts.
• Compile research and resolve routine issues using company policy.
• Perform multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail.
• Associates Degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent education experience.
• 3-5 years bookkeeping, accounting or finance experience.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
• Knowledge of Microsoft NAV (Vintegrate) and Jet reports a plus
• Wine industry experience a plus.
• Ability to work in fast paced, dynamic environment with minimal supervision and multiple deadlines
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent Customer Service demeanor for both external and internal clients.
AWDirect offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, paid time off and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Work Environment.
To be considered for this position, please respond with a cover letter and resume.