We are seeking a Production Winemaker who under the general direction of the Director of Winemaking, will assist in all winemaking operations and coordinate/review activities at the Winery, Cellar, and off-site Production Facilities.
• Oversee cellar and off-site utilization, and all grape to wine processing at custom crush providers.
• Coordinate shipping and receiving bulk wine for winemaking team. Monitor vineyards, fermentations, and contracted winemaking as needed.
• Coordinate Alternating Premise and contracted clients.
• Assist winemakers with wine blends, storage and stabilization.
• Supervise QC, Lab, and cellar staff, advance winery capabilities and mentor staff.
• Oversee work orders, database, inventory, TTB compliance and reporting, and ISO/HAACP for internal and Alternating Premise accounts.
• Assist with continued improvements to internal processes and flow of information.
• Assist in the preparation of short and long-term production plans, grape and bulk wine inventory requirements, bulk and grape contracts.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Research and resolve or address issues relating to wine blending, cellar and/or wine production.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Requires excellent time management skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Bachelors Degree in Enology, Viticulture, Fermentation Science or related field, or equivalent education and experience.
• 5+ years wine production experience.
• Minimum 3 years supervisory experience.
• Management and knowledge of bottling production scheduling and process.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of Navision based production database, Word Processing, Spreadsheet and email applications.
• Must be organized and detail oriented with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
AWDirect offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, paid time off and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Work Environment.
To be considered for this position, please respond with a cover letter and resume.