Located in Santa Rosa, CA, we are seeking an International & Domestic Wine Sourcing Manager to be a key member of the AWD Team. This position reports to our Director of Winemaking. The day-to-day responsibilities of the position include working closely with our winemakers to identify wines for import, obtain samples, negotiate contracts and import wine according to compliance regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
– Negotiate both spot market and long term bulk wine contracts
– Match the needs of our clients (internal and external) with the available supply options from a diverse range of producers
– Administrate all aspects of international trade including import documentation, credit terms, delivery, consolidation, shipping, freight insurance, Full Container Load, Less than Container Load as required.
– Manage administration of all sample documentation through internal system (QuickBase) – sample grading and tasting notes etc.
– Document full logistic arrangements, from pick up – to clearance on the other end.
– Provide reliable guidance as supply and demand patterns change
– Communicate with Product Development/Sales & Winemaking regarding timing, cost, quality and appellation.
– Establish wine COGS with Finance team
– Maintain adequate sample inventory
– Source, evaluate, develop and maintain profitable international bulk wine sources
– Travel internationally
– Manage sample coordinator role
– Ability to taste and grade wines
– Must understand principles of winemaking and enology
– Experience with all kinds of supply agreements, short-term or long-term, domestic and import
– Excellent knowledge of International wines and wine regions
– 3-5 years of wine or commodity purchasing experience
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to work under pressure with grace and professionalism
– Good knowledge of grape/wine value relative to region or origin
AWDirect offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, paid time off and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Work Environment.
To be considered for this position, please respond with a cover letter and resume.