Process various accounting functions pertaining to account payables, receivables, inventory materials and compliance. Collaborate with members of the team from all departments to provide accurate and timely information. The ideal candidate needs to be self-directed and self-motivated.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and enter high volume of invoices ensuring necessary approvals and backup are obtained according to procedures.
- Research and resolve vendor A/P issues, and maintain vendor files.
- Provide backup to AR as needed.
- Provide backup on daily bank deposits.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and policies and procedures
- Prepare journal entries and reconcile general ledger accounts as needed.
- Ensure all 1099, 1096 and IRS deadlines and requirements are met.
- Conduct audits of Accounts payable to ensure disbursement accuracy.
- Provide support for audits conducted by both internal and external sources.
- Prepare and present various reports, i.e. TTB and audits as required by State and Federal entities.
- Administrative duties- process daily mail, answer phones and ordering supplies
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
- Receive and present information to all levels of management.
- Establish professional relationships with outside business contacts.
- Compile research and resolve Accounting issues.
- Work is usually performed in an office environment.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Extensive computer and telephone usage.
- Occasional walking, bending and stooping for filing purposes.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS
- Requires excellent time management.
- Maintain an innovative attitude and provide solutions to maintain accuracy and ensure compliance in an efficient and flexible manner.
- Compile research and resolve routine issues using company policy.
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent education experience.
- 1-3 years accounts payable, accounting or finance experience.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Knowledge of Microsoft NAV (Vintegrate) and Jet reports a plus
- Wine industry experience a plus.
- Ability to work in fast paced, dynamic environment with minimal supervision and multiple deadlines
- Effective oral and written communication skills.